Request for NEW Chartfield values and WhoKeys in the General Ledger are required to be submitted through the "Request for General Ledger Chartfields & WhoKeys" application for the following: Department, Subdepartment, Grant/Programs that start with '3' (Cost Share), '5' (Other - Org Unit/Departmental Programs) or '8' (Gifts), new WhoKeys for Cost Share, Salary Cap (Grant/Program 31111111), Gifts and Other (Grant/Program 00000000 or starts with '5'), and Cost Centers limited to the faculty range of 1000-8999 . Please refer to the User Manual of the application for further details.
For new values that do not meet the criteria to be submitted through the application or for maintenance to existing Chartfields and WhoKeys, please send an email request that includes the specific information that relates to your request such as the description, open/close date, etc.
PLEASE NOTE that any Chartfield/WhoKey request that need to be manually setup or modified should be sent to the following units for handling:
- Grant Accounting Office:
- Gifts (Funds 520/525) contact Jeff Sebring (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grants (Funds 500/510) and Cost Share accounts (Grant/Program ID 3) send to appropriate GAO contact (http://gao.fo.uiowa.edu/contact-us)
- Financial Analysis:
- Capital Projects (Grant/Program ID 6 and Plant Funds 600-799) send to Andrea Morrow (email@example.com) and Karlyn Larson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Service Centers (Fund 261) send to Ted Welter (email@example.com) and Denise Bruck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Accounting & Financial Reporting: All other accounts & funding sources not specified above send to email@example.com email account