Contact information for feeder system (sub-system) journal IDs and other regularly posted journals to the General Ledger.
Instructions for subscribing to GL DSS and CumComp DSS listservs. Receive accounting, GL reporting and CumComp reporting news and information as released by the Accounting & Financial Reporting department.
GL Chartfield Elements, WhoKey & Master File Key (MFK) Resources
- MFK Validation Tool – Online application to validate a single or multiple Master File Keys to determine if the MFK is valid before attempting to post a transaction to it.
- Request for General Ledger Chartfields & WhoKeys Form (pdf) – Request new General Ledger chartfield values to establish for Department, SubDepartment, Grant/Program, Cost Center for Faculty and WhoKey.
- GL Chartfield and WhoKey Maintenance & Closure Request Guidelines - Guidelines for the necessary information needed by campus to request new GL Chartfields (Department, Sub-Department, Grant/Program and Cost Center) and WhoKeys to be set up or to modify existing values’ descriptions. The handling of WhoKey closure requests is also outlined.
- Healthcare IO (xlsx) – Valid combinations of IACT/OACT that journal entries can be posted to the General Ledger for Org Units 03, 17, 65-89 & 93-94.
Financial Systems, User Guides & Forms
AFR Financial Systems, Online Applications & Tables List – All systems and tables that AFR is the business owner for, along with a description of the purpose, where to access and the method to gain security access to each system and table.
- Request for Approval of Change Fund or Cash Advance (docx)
- Reimbursement of Cash Advance (docx)
- Return of Change Fund/Cash Advance (docx)
Cumulative Compensation DSS tables - Query data warehouse CUMCOMP schema tables for cumulative compensation salary and fringe data.
Electronic Financial Reports (EFR) Online Portal – Self Service application designed to help meet standard financial reporting needs, including housing the Transaction Detail Report (TDR) and related Administrative reports & functions, Grant Summary Reports and the soon-to-be released EFR Dashboard for Org and Departmental Administrators.
- Electronic Financial Reports (EFR) Transaction Detail Report (TDR) User Manual(pdf)
- Transaction Detail Report (TDR) FAQ's
- Transaction Detail Report ICON Training Course
- EFR Grant Reports User Manual and Grant Reports Distribution Role Definitions
- IACT_EFR_minorcat.xlsx – Open Institutional Accounts (balance forward, fund balance, expense and revenue) and the EFR Minor Report category that each IACT maps to. This information is used in the EFR portal for reports available through the Summary Reports tab.
Financial Systems Tools – Self Service search tool application to find details for journal transactions posted through WebCV, PayCV and GLJE.
General Ledger Journal Entry (GLJE) – Post new (“original”), transfer and accrual journal entries to the General Ledger.
- GLJE Access Request Form (pdf)
- GLJE User Guide for Journals (pdf)
- GLJE User_Guide for Templates (pdf)
- GLJE Training
PayCV – Post correcting salary and fringe expense journal entries to the General Ledger for MFK errors.
- PayCV Access Request Form (pdf)
- PayCV User Guide (pdf)
- PayCV Retroactive Cost Transfer Justification > 90 days - Non-Grant Account Form (pdf)
- PayCV Training
Transfer accounting transactions between Agency and University funds
Agency to University Funds Transfer Request Form.docx - requests for transferring amounts with IACTs 3502-3596 Transfer-In and 7502-7596 Transfer-Out between Agency and University Funds (Grant Funds 500 or 510 are handled differently- see next bulleted item) must be approved by the WhoKey Owners of the impacted accounts, and the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Using Transfer-in or Out IACTs on Grant Funds 500 or 510 are not normally allowed. WebCV should be used to move expenses. If you are not able to complete the WebCV yourself because the expenses occurred in a prior Fiscal Year or you have a question about whether a transfer is allowed, please contact your Grant Accounting contact for assistance: http://gao.fo.uiowa.edu/contact-us.
WebCV – Post correcting revenue and non-payroll expense journal entries to the General Ledger for MFK errors.
GL DSS & CumComp DSS Online Reporting Security Granted through Secondary Security
- Secondary_Security_Administrator's Guide (pdf) – Intended only for assisting those administrators needing to use the Secondary Security online application in Self Service to assign security to users for accessing GL DSS and CumComp DSS online reports and the Cash Handling site.