Internal and External Financial Reporting Responsibilities
- Prepare the University’s annual Financial Report in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statements, and coordinate and prepare responses to auditors.
- Prepare the University of Iowa’s component of the State of Iowa’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Manage accounting for long-term debt from bonds, capital leases, and notes payable and financial reporting on interim and annual basis.
- Prepare data and analysis for establishing the fringe benefit rates for the next fiscal year and projecting future years.
- Prepare multiple financial reports, survey responses, and financial analysis on recurring and request basis for governmental agencies, educational institutions, University management, and the campus community.
- Prepare and file quarterly sales tax returns.